Why take this training?
This training is intended for Canadian companies that import from or export to the United States.
As a non-U.S. resident exporter and importer, you are required to be familiar with general customs operations (customs clearance process, documentary requirements and required record keeping). The compliant documentation that you provide to the American government when you transact across borders is your signature: it shows that you understand the importance of such procedures.
Through this training, you will learn about new and upcoming U.S. requirements that will have an impact on Canadian companies’ export processes.
This training will allow you to:
Who is this training for?
- Go over the role of customs
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders (exporters, carriers, brokers and importers)
- Understand the obligations of non-U.S. resident importers
- Obtain the required documentation and information
- Know about other government departments (OGD)
- Understand and fill out the NAFTA/USMCA certification of origin
- Understand what dumping involves