The mission at a glance
From October 15 to 18, 2019, take part in our trade mission to Katowice, Poland, and attend the world’s largest event dedicated to small and medium-sized enterprises, the European Congress of SMEs. Take advantage of this mission to meet renowned Polish and international experts who will speak about business opportunities and challenges for SMEs in Eastern Europe and, specifically, in Poland.
More information on the European Congress of SMEs
Discover the Polish market
Help companies wishing to develop their business in Poland to:
- Understand, compare and draw inspiration from the reality of SMEs in Eastern Europe;
- Share their best practices;
- Promote their goods and services;
- Meet potential business partners.
Participation in the mission includes:*
- A preparatory seminar in Montréal
- A welcome seminar in Katowice on business practices in Poland
- Networking and informative activities (cocktail reception with partners, networking with local organizations, presentations, etc.)
- Access to the three days of the congress
- Individual business meetings
- A company tour
- Visibility within a delegation of Quebec companies
- Support for the entire duration of your stay
* Airfare not included
To benefit from the reduced startup package prices you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Head office located in Quebec
- Innovative product or solution applicable to a specific sector
- Annual revenues are positive and less than $5M
- Start-up is established and your product or solution has been available on the market for a maximum of 2 to 5 years.
Poland: a lively and booming market
- Poland has the second fastest growing economy in the EU this year with its 2019 GDP reaching $593 billion.
- It is similar to Quebec in terms of technological needs in the service sector (low unemployment rate, aging population, low birth rate, etc.).
- This Eastern European country has a skilled and low-cost workforce compared to the rest of the EU.
- Its imports have increased by 3.1% per year, from $191 billion in 2012 to $223 billion in 2017
- Canadian exports to Poland totalled CAD 616 million in 2016.
Free trade agreement between Canada and the countries of Eastern Europe
CETA: Tariffs for 98% of goods exported to the EU by Canadian companies have been eliminated since September 21, 2017. Companies also have a preferential access to a market of 500 million consumers.
This agreement also offers other benefits such as access to European government procurement, advance rulings regarding rules of origin, the openness of immigration procedures and a more favourable treatment for service companies. Click here to learn more.
European Congress of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Who should participate?
Any company looking to develop its business in Eastern Europe or to learn more about these markets.
This is particularly aimed at companies in the following industries:
- Medical technologies
- Video games
- Energy and environmental solutions
- Digital and industrial technologies
- Transport, mobility and logistics services
Are you an entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 35? Click here to contact Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) to obtain financial support for this trade mission