The UK mission at a glance
From April 20 to 24, 2020, join this trade mission to the UK to discover innovations in financial technology. Participate in UK FinTech Week 2020, an annual event that brings together the brightest minds, opinion leaders and investors of the global fintech community. It includes several conferences throughout London, a leading and world-renowned fintech cluster. A unique opportunity to participate in the sixth Innovate Finance Global Summit, the featured event of this fintech week.
The following areas will be addressed at the Innovate Finance Global Summit: financial technology, urban solutions and sustainable development, health and biomedical sciences, advanced manufacturing and engineering, and digital services.
Optional: Opportunity to visit Edinburgh, Scotland, to explore its fintech ecosystem and meet potential business partners.
A rare opportunity to:
- Participate in an international event
- Discover favourable ecosystems for financial technology
- Build relationships with international business partners
- Understand how ecosystems function (key players, sectoral associations, incubators, accelerators, etc.)
Mission participation packages
* Preferential rate for startups.
To be eligible for the startup package discount, you must meet certain criteria, to be approved by event organizers.
** To apply, please fill-in the form available here.
Who should participate?
- Fintech representatives
- Representatives of the financial sector in Quebec
- Financial institutions
- Insurance companies
Contact et informations
For more information:
Advisor, International Market Development
514 871-4002 #6212
About UK FinTech Week 2020
UK FinTech Week 2020 is an event that brings together the global fintech community with several conferences throughout London, a leading and world-renowned fintech cluster. This is an opportunity to discover why the UK will remain a world-leading fintech cluster.
About the Innovate Finance Global Summit (IFGS)
Over the years, IFGS has become the main event of UK FinTech Week:
This year’s themes:
- Financial technology
- Information technology
- Urban solutions and sustainable development
- Health and biomedical sciences
- Manufacturing and cutting-edge engineering
- Digital services
- More than 2,500 senior delegates
- More than 300 companies in the field of financial technology
- More than 200 speakers who are top industry professionals
- Exhibition hall and investment areas
About the UK’s fintech environment:
- Many consider the UK to be THE fintech capital of the world.
- Favourable regulations
- A pool of talent
- Considerable investments
- London has been recognized as the largest innovation cluster in Europe (KPMG, 2019) with the majority of the continent’s fintech investment capital (Business Leader, 2019).
- The UK has been recognized as one of the best places in the world to develop a fintech business (UK FinTech State of the Nation 2018 – The Rt Hon John Glen MP).
- More than 56% of UK financial institutions have integrated disruptive solutions as a core part of their strategy (UK FinTech State of the Nation, 2018).