Why should you take this training?
The global economic situation is conducive to company exports, particularly due to the very strong demand in the United States (the leading export destination for Quebec) and emerging countries, which are promising and prime markets for our SMEs!
When it comes to exporting to the United States, several questions might come up regarding the classification of goods, regulations surrounding certain products, norms, and labelling.
As exporters, our companies are responsible by law for any possible errors in the customs clearance of goods, even if they go through a broker. Non-compliant customs documents can result in significant financial penalties.
On February 19, come spend the day at the American border at the Plattsburgh-North Country Chamber of Commerce with our Acclr international trade experts, who will offer support and manage all logistics for you. This training in the fashion industry will allow you to get essential details and procedures to ensure successful exports across the American border.
What will you learn?
After completing this training, participants will:
- Have a good understanding of American customs;
- Be able to find solutions to challenges that you may encounter as you try to export your goods;
- Obtain valuable contacts with import specialists, such as customs brokers and experts in immigration, law, finance and insurance from the Plattsburgh-North Country Chamber of Commerce.
- Meet experts from US Customs and Border Protection as well as the Food and Drug Administration;
- Be aware of changes to border security programs (C-TPAT, NEXUS, etc.)
Discover the results of our customs training
The results of our last days of training at the American border:
Our team of international trade experts have collaborated with US customs and the Chamber of Commerce in Plattsburgh for over 20 years (three to five days of training at the border are organized every year).
47% increase in participants since 2016
57% of participants noticed an increase in sales (14% of whom saw a 25% increase in sales)
42% of participants built ties with an expert they met during the training
86% of participants who invested time in the training experienced a high level of satisfaction
"Very informative day. Excellent networking contacts in Plattsburgh. Very good format for afternoon case study session."
"This day was rich in information and allowed me to better understand the steps necessary to launch activities with the United States."
Who is this training for?
- Entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Directors of business and export development
- Logistics and shipping specialists
- Importers, transporters and drivers
In short, the training is for anyone who wants to keep abreast of changes at the border and develop a clearer view of border and export procedures.