Whether it involves moving people or moving goods, transportation comes with many issues. With the annual costs of congestion estimated to be $1.8 billion in our city, it has become essential to reflect on ways to improve the traffic flow. Meeting transportation maintenance and infrastructure development needs, while ensuring the city’s growth at the same time, will be a major challenge over the next decade.
This forum will allow you to gain an understanding of opportunities to position Montreal as a veritable North American intermodal transportation hub, as international trade agreements will soon be coming into effect. It will also focus on the business opportunities that intelligent transportation systems (ITS) will represent for the Greater Montreal Region. Recent years have seen the creation of technological tools that allow for the development of a multitude of services to make travel easier, and for an integrated approach to urban mobility.
By taking part in the Transportation Forum, you will:
- Get an update on upcoming major transportation projects in the city.
- Discuss issues related to the transportation of goods, whether by sea, rail, air, or road.
- Understand how strategically important traffic flow is for the city and determine what measures we should focus on to promote it.
- Reflect on the steps to take to ensure the competitiveness and growth of this strategic sector for our economy.
- Network with key institutional and private players from this sector.