Become a mentor*
Thanks to your expertise and your experience, you could help recently immigrated professionals relaunch their careers in Quebec in their field.
Attend two or three hour-long meetings with recently immigrated professionals looking for a job in your field.
- Enlighten them on employers’ expectations: recruitment processes and the types of skills and expertise sought
- Share resources and information on the culture and operation of your sector
- Offer advice on building a network of contacts in your field
- At least three years’ experience in your field
- Knowledge of recent developments and trends in your profession
- Active participation in professional networks
- Interest in helping someone with their professional development
- Good communication
* The mentor has an advisory role. He or she is not responsible for finding a job for the candidates.
" I am convinced that a tip, a suggestion that can seem banal, can change the course of a career. The idea that I've planted a seed and potentially influenced a life for the better is very gratifying. "
For more information on speed mentoring, contact:
Advisor, Interconnection Program
514 871-4000, ext. 4216