The Interconnection program has been suspended until further notice. If you require assistance with your professional project or with labour needs, please contact your Services Québec office. To locate the nearest Services Québec office, click here.
Become a mentor*
Thanks to your expertise and your experience, you could help recently immigrated professionals relaunch their careers in Quebec in their field.
Attend two or three hour-long meetings with recently immigrated professionals looking for a job in your field.
- Enlighten them on employers’ expectations: recruitment processes and the types of skills and expertise sought
- Share resources and information on the culture and operation of your sector
- Offer advice on building a network of contacts in your field
- At least three years’ experience in your field
- Knowledge of recent developments and trends in your profession
- Active participation in professional networks
- Interest in helping someone with their professional development
- Good communication
* The mentor has an advisory role. He or she is not responsible for finding a job for the candidates.
" I am convinced that a tip, a suggestion that can seem banal, can change the course of a career. The idea that I've planted a seed and potentially influenced a life for the better is very gratifying. "