The Interconnection program has been suspended until further notice. If you require assistance with your professional project or with labour needs, please contact your Services Québec office. To locate the nearest Services Québec office, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m registered in the Interconnection Program. What happens to my profile?
Access to your Interconnection profile was disabled when activities were suspended. Recorded data will be archived and remain confidential.
I have questions about my job search. Can I still get in touch my Interconnection advisor?
The Interconnection advisors stopped their activities when the program was suspended.
For any help related to your professional project or labour needs, we invite you to contact your Services Québec office. To find the nearest Services Québec office, click here.
I want to participate in the Interconnection Program. How long will the suspension of activities last?
The Interconnection Program is suspended indefinitely. For any help related to your professional project or labour needs, we encourage you to contact your local Services Québec office. To find the Services Québec office nearest you, click here.
I’m a candidate and I’m participating in a mentorship activity. Can I continue to meet with my mentor?
The Interconnection Program is no longer overseeing mentorships since its activities are suspended. You can ask your mentor if they will continue to mentor you personally by contacting them directly.
I’m a mentor. Can I continue to meet with my mentee?
The Interconnection Program is no longer overseeing mentorships since its activities are suspended. If you would like, you can continue to support your mentor personally by contacting them directly.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Interconnection program:
- Eligible statuses:
- Permanent resident;
- Canadian citizen;
- Accepted refugee;
- Temporary foreign worker (TFW) with an open work permit;
- TFW with an employer-specific work permit;
- Spouse or common-law spouse of a TFW who has an open work permit;
- Post-graduation foreign student with an open post-graduation work permit;
- Spouse or common-law spouse of a foreign student who holds an open work permit;
- TFW with a work permit for the Agricultural Stream;
- Holder of a Working Holiday Visa in Canada as well as the spouse or common-law spouse.
- In Canada for less than 5 years.
- A resident of the Island of Montréal or the agglomeration of Longueuil.
- No professional experience in your field in Canada.
- Available for a job search.
You need to provide the following information when you register on the website:
- Contact information
- Date of birth
- Country of origin
- Date of arrival in Canada
- Immigration status
- Training recognized in Quebec
- Foreign training
- Source of revenue
- Absence from the job market
- Support from an organization
- CV (sector of activity, languages, computer skills, training, experience)
An Interconnection advisor will contact you to validate your eligibility, discuss your professional goal and explain what the program offers.
When we have an activity to suggest, an advisor will contact you and ask for the following information to complete your registration (for your Emploi-Québec file):
- Confirmation of information provided when registering on the site
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Civil status
- Employment situation
The Interconnection program will do its best to offer you an activity related to your sector. We encourage you to watch our Call for applications section and our Facebook and LinkedIn pages to find out about activities.
The Interconnection program is for people who already live in Canada. Once you move here, it would be our pleasure to support you.
People receiving support from another employability services organization can take part in the Interconnection program at the same time, with some exceptions. For more information, please contact us.
Those looking for an end-of-studies internship are eligible for the Interconnection program if they meet the eligibility criteria, with some exceptions. For more information, please contact us.
Interconnection is for people who have not yet participated in the program, but it may be possible to participate a second time. For more information, please contact us.
We do not have a physical point of service, but you can schedule a meeting with one of our advisors. Please contact us at 514 871-4200 or by email at email@example.com for an appointment before visiting our offices.
You can change the information in your profile with the email address you used to register on the site.
The Interconnection program is for people with no experience in Canada in their field.