TAP: Develop your international business plan in just six weeks
Be one of the participating companies
- The purpose of this national program is to support Canadian SMEs that are in the process of international export planning.
- With over 500 alumni already, TAP holds events in Canada’s major cities.
- Six-week program (four meetings of which two are workshops)
- The cost of participation is $495 per company for a program whose value is estimated at $5,000.
- Group workshops with 15 companies (two participants per company)
- As part of the mentorship program, your business plan will be assessed by experts in your target markets.
- 18% annual growth on average per alumnus
- 85% of alumni develop a new market (after 1 year)
- x 1.8 revenue (in 3 years)
- x 2.8 international revenue (in 3 years)
TAP is a 4-day intensive training program spread out over six weeks.
Workshops – various subjects
- International Trade Training
- Applications and case studies
- Government resources
Workshops – various subjects
- Market analysis
Joint development of the business plan
- Creation of the plan by the participants
- Expert advice
- Personalized support
Meetings with experts & mentoring
- Business plan assessment
- Individual meetings with experts
- Personalized mentoring
Why create an international business plan?
International development: Figures that speak for themselves
- Only 10% of Quebec SMEs have an international presence, compared to 13% in Ontario, 12% in Manitoba and 11% in British Columbia.
- 32% of French SMEs and 36% of German SMEs export.
- 89% of Canadian exports go to the United States.
- There is a real need for diversification.
To establish an internal roadmap
To develop a trade strategy
To anticipate risks (financial, customs...)
To ask for financing
When to create an international business plan?
Cohorts in Montréal:
- Cohort 5 (bilingual) – Manufacturing sector special: May 12, 13 and 26 and June 18, 2020 – Event TBC
- Cohort 6 (in French): May 20, 21 and 28, and July 7, 2020 – Event TBC
- Cohort 7 (in French) – Agrifood sector special: June–July 2020
- Cohort 8 (in French) – Creative industries special: September 22, 23 and 29 and October 28, 2020
- Cohort 10 (in French): October 20, 21 and 27 and November 26, 2020
- Cohort 11 (in English): November 3, 4 and 10 and December 8, 2020
- Cohort 13 (in French) – Startup and tech industry special: January 19, 20 and 28 and February 24, 2021
Cohorts outside Montréal:
- Cohort 9 in Québec City (in French): October 7, 8 and 14 and November 12, 2020
- Cohort 12 (city TBC) (in French): October–November 2020
- Cohort 14 in Lévis (in French): February–March 2021
- Cohort 15 (city TBC) (in French): February–March 2021
* The Acclr experts reserve the right to modify or cancel the dates above.
- Cohort 1 in Montréal (in French): September 25 and 26 and October 3 and 30, 2019
- Cohort 2 in Québec City (in French): October 9, 10 and 16 and November 13, 2019
- Cohort 3 in Montréal (in English): February 3, 4 and 12 and March 17, 2020
- Cohort 4 in Lévis (in French): February 5, 6 and 13 and March 24, 2020
Criteria for admission*
- Generate a minimum of $500K
- Be in business for at least two years
- Dedicate at least one high-ranking representative to the program for four days
*The WTCM reserves the right to accept or reject any and all companies, whether or not they respect the criteria above.
Apparel & Textiles
- Ciele Athletics inc.
- Les Produits Adaptés Handy inc.
- Maison Marie Saint Pierre Design inc.
Construction & Infrastructure
- Gestion Groupe Ombrages inc.
- LCO – Construction and Management
- Pièces d'auto Fernand Bégin inc.
- Techno Pieux inc.
- Vertima inc.
- APPAREIL Architecture
- Eugène Cloutier inc.
- Filo Import inc.
- La société BDFT du Canada inc.
- Lacroix Boards
- Les Industries Norjac inc.
- Les produits Polarmade inc.
- Lithologie – Partenariat JCCM
- Paragone inc.
- Placages Beaulac inc.
- Produits Multi-Formes inc.
- Produits Pylex
- Solutions éducatives BiMoo
- Storex Industries Corporation
- Supports MOS Racks
- KRWN Hair Care
- Département Studio Créatif inc.
- Éditions de l'Envolée
- Golf In
- Wavo.me inc.
Food & Agriculture
- Aliments Whyte's Foods inc.
- Corsaire Microbrasserie
- Dumornay Delis inc.
- Fruitomed inc.
- Hydro Culture / Malyna
- Les Aliments ACTIV inc.
- Les Sapins du Pôle Nord
- Pat BBQ
- Produits Zinda Canada inc.
- Québec Parmentier
- ABM Enviro
- Industries Riopel inc.
- Les Équipements d’érablière CDL inc.
- MPiQC inc.
- M2S Électronique
- Ouellet Canada
- Primax Technologies inc.
- Pyromaitre inc.
- ISOSPARK Analytical Solutions
- Polyrix inc.
- Positech Innovation inc.
- Saccade Analytics
- Thought Technology
- Big Bang ERP
- Commsoft Technologies
- Novatize inc.
- Oriso Solutions inc.
- Smartrek Technologies inc.
- Techno-Tec inc.
- VOTI Detection inc.
- Xceed Software inc.
Program created by the World Trade Centre Toronto and the Toronto Region Board of Trade.