TAP : Develop your international business plan in just six weeks
- The purpose of this national program is to support Canadian SMEs that are in the process of international export planning.
- With over 500 alumni already, TAP holds events in Canada’s major cities.
- Six-week program (four meetings of which two are workshops)
- The cost of participation is $495 per company for a program whose value is estimated at $5,000.
- Group workshops with 15 companies (two participants per company)
- As part of the mentorship program, your business plan will be assessed by experts in your target markets.
- 18% annual growth on average per alumnus
- 85% of alumni develop a new market (after 1 year)
- x 1.8 revenue (in 3 years)
- x 2.8 international revenue (in 3 years)
TAP is a 4-day intensive training program spread out over six weeks.
Workshops – various subjects
- International Trade Training
- Applications and case studies
- Government resources
Workshops – various subjects
- Market analysis
Joint development of the business plan
- Creation of the plan by the participants
- Expert advice
- Personalized support
Meetings with experts & mentoring
- Business plan assessment
- Individual meetings with experts
- Personalized mentoring
Why create an international business plan?
International development: Figures that speak for themselves
- Only 10% of Quebec SMEs have an international presence, compared to 13% in Ontario, 12% in Manitoba and 11% in British Columbia... more importantly,
- 32% of French SMEs and 36% of German SMEs export.
- 89% of Canadian exports go to the United States.
- There is a real need for diversification.
To establish an internal roadmap
To develop a trade strategy
To anticipate risks (financial, customs...)
To ask for financing
When to create an international business plan?
- Cohort 1 (French): September 25 and 26 and October 3 and 30, 2019
- Cohort 2 (English): February 4, 5 and 12 and March 17, 2020
- Cohort 3 – Tailored to the innovative manufacturing sector (French): March 3, 4 and 10 and April 7, 2020
- Cohort 4 (French): April 28 and 29, May 6 and June 2, 2020
Cohorts outside Montréal:
- Québec City cohort (French): October 9, 10 and 16 and November 13, 2019
- Cohort – city to be confirmed (French): April – May 2020
* The Acclr experts reserve the right to modify or cancel the dates above.
Criteria for admission*
- Generate a minimum of $500K
- Be in business for at least two years
- Dedicate at least one high-ranking representative to the program for four days
*The WTCM reserves the right to accept or reject any and all companies, whether or not they respect the criteria above.
- 270-6258 Quebec Inc. (Titan Securite)
- Agrisac (6350747 Canada Inc.)
- Aliments Whyte's Foods Inc.
- Amira Enterprises Inc.
- Ango Mode Inc.
- Balcorp Limited
- Big Bang ERP
- Ciele Athletics Inc.
- Commsoft Technologies
- Dental Savings Club
- DRC Inc.
- Dumornay Delis Inc.
- Entreprises Daniele Henkel
- Fematics Canada Inc.
- LCO – Construction and Management
- MPIQC Inc.
- Primax Technologies Inc.
- SF Marketing
- Storex Industries Corporation
- Techno-Tec Inc.
- Thought Technology
- VOTI Detection Inc.
- Wavo.me Inc.
- Xceed Software Inc.
Program created by the World Trade Centre Toronto and the Toronto Region Board of Trade.