Just a few years after the 2011 inauguration of its fourth building—The Claire and Marc Bourgie Pavilion, dedicated to Quebec and Canadian art and graced with a resoundingly successful chamber music performance hall—, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) is already hard at work on the construction of a fifth building, scheduled to open in 2017.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO...
- Hear the Director and Chief Curator of the MMFA reveal the inner workings of the project for the “Michal and Renata Hornstein Pavilion for Peace,” dedicated to international art and education
- Learn how this new building will allow the Museum to uphold its cultural and social mission, and Montréal's place as a cultural metropolis
- Find out more about a constantly changing museum that does not compete with its milieu but evolves together with it
AND TO HEAR ABOUT…
- A museum enjoying exceptional growth, which now welcomes close to 770,000 visitors annually
- Its innovative partnerships with society's various sectors and players: music, cinema, theatre, universities, research institutes
- The MMFA's desire to build bridges between audiences, areas of expertise, and businesses in order to increase its relevance in the community
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is re-inventing itself to reach an ever-growing audience!