THE MISSION IN BRIEF
The Board of Trade’s team of international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, in collaboration with Export Québec and the Quebec Government Office in Atlanta, is organizing a trade mission to the Miami area, in Florida, from June 3 to 6, 2014. This will be an opportunity for Quebec businesses to harness the potential of a tourism industry that is enjoying strong growth.
Bilateral trade between Canada and Florida is continually on the rise. This favourable business climate offers a number of prospects in the proprietary hotel and emerging boutique hotel segments, as well as in such related sectors as:
- construction materials
- equipment (indoor and outdoor furnishings, lighting, bathroom installations)
THE MISSION PROGRAM
- The general program includes three group activities, and networking with stakeholders in the region’s economic development.
Personalized meetings program :
- The program for this delegation includes four individual business meetings, personalized for each company, in addition to the activities included in the general program.
Registration deadline: April 4, 2014
- A preparatory meeting with our experts
- The organization of 4 individual meetings, personalized and targeted to meet your needs
- Participation in other networking activities planned as part of the mission
- 3 nights lodging (3-star hotel or equivalent)
- Support throughout your stay
- A few group meals planned as part of the mission program
- Group ground transportation
- The mission binder
Registration fees do not include individual transportation and airline tickets.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Make direct contact with potential buyers
- Position your business and products on the market
- Clearly define your business development strategy in Florida
- Network with other companies interested in the Florida market
WHY THIS REGION?
The state of Florida, whose principal activity is tourism, is a powerful engine for growth in the United States. In fact, the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach region has the highest density of hotels in the nation. In 2013, its GDP was close to $283.4 billion USD, making it the 11th most prosperous metropolitan region in the United States.
Florida is also a gateway to Latin America.
The mission will allow your company to benefit from the Miami region’s business climate and, more specifically, from business opportunities in the hotel sector. In fact, the sector is in great need of decoration, renovation, construction material, and equipment (indoor and outdoor furnishings, lighting, bathroom installations, etc.) suppliers.
FLORIDA – FACTS AND FIGURES:
- 4th highest GDP in the United States: $777 billion USD in 2012, comparable to that of the Netherlands
- 18th economic power worldwide, when comparing its GDP to those of countries around the world
- Canadian exports to Florida: $4.3 billion CAD in 2012
- Quebec exports to Florida: $923 million CAD in 2012
- 94.7 million visitors in 2013, an increase of 3.5% compared to 2012
- A 13% increase in bilateral trade with Canada in 2013
- One of Canada’s largest partners: trading over $8.3 billion CAD in merchandise in 2013
- 559 Quebec businesses currently export to Florida
Source: Industry Canada
THE MIAMI HOTEL SECTOR – FACTS AND FIGURES:
- Over 500 hotels
- Approximately 50,000 rooms (13.5% of rooms in Florida)
- Ranked 4th on the American hotel market in terms of occupancy rate and revenue per hotel room:
- Average occupancy rate in 2013: 77.9%
- An increase of 9.1% in occupancy rate compared to 2008
- 71.8 billion USD spent by visitors in 2012 (an increase of 6.8% compared to 2011)
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART?
Businesses and suppliers in the following sectors:
Take advantage of the growth of Florida’s hotel sector and come meet buyers interested in what your company has to offer.
- construction materials for renovation;
- indoor and outdoor furniture
- indoor and outdoor light fixtures
- décor items
- bathroom installations