Summary of the seminar
The Acclr experts of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal are pleased to invite you to a seminar on business opportunities in the Asia Pacific region on February 15, 2019.
Join Canada’s Ambassador to Japan and Senior Trade Commissioners from Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Peru, and Vietnam for an informational seminar to learn more about how Canada’s free trade agreements provide Canadian companies with unprecedented access to new markets.
The CPTPP, a free-trade agreement that will stimulate the economy
The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) is a new free-trade agreement between 11 countries, including Canada and Japan.
This free-trade agreement is one of the biggest in the world. It will improve access to certain key Asian markets. Canadian businesses will benefit from privileged access to these markets and an integrated, better-established regulatory framework.
The CPTPP by the numbers:
- 11 countries: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam.
- 13.5% of global GDP.
- 495 million people.
- A 17% predicted increase in Canadian exports to Vietnam by 2040, the biggest increase of any CPTPP members.
Who should participate in this seminar?
Any company that wants to:
- Develop their business in Asia Pacific
- Develop their business in the region of the CPTPP agreement
- Learn more about the market of this economic integration treaty