Explore the movement here Discover our sector partners
With the participation of:
Nadine Girault Minister of International Relations and La Francophonie
Minister of Immigration, Francization and Integration
Valérie Plante Mayor of Montréal
President of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal
PJ Emam Chief Executive Officer
Madeleine Féquière Corporate Credit Chief
Michel LeblancPresident and CEO
Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
Kim ThomassinExecutive Vice-President and Head of Investments in Québec and Stewardship Investing
Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
Cathy WongResponsible for diversity, employment inclusion, the French language and the fight against racism and discrimination, Executive Committee member
Ville de Montréal
On Wednesday, November 25, at 12 p.m., attend an online conference on diversity in the workplace. During this conference, economic and political leaders will review Montréal’s role as an immigrant city and advocate for an inclusive recovery.
Déborah Cherenfant, President of The Junior Chamber of commerce of Montreal and Regional Director, Women Entrepreneurs, Québec Region, TD Canada Trust, will lead this virtual discussion during which a panel of high-calibre experts will try to answer some pressing and highly relevant questions:
- How do we ensure an inclusive economic recovery that builds on Montréal as an immigrant city?
- How can we take into account all forms of diversity in our organizations, regardless of their size?
- What actions and commitments can business leaders and Greater Montréal’s leaders take?
Nadine Girault, Minister of Immigration, Francization and Integration, and Valérie Plante, Montréal Mayor and President of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal, will present their visions for diversity and explain how diversity will boost Greater Montréal.
12:02 p.m.: Opening remarks by Julie Desjardins, Director, Public Affairs, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
12:07 p.m.: Speech by Nadine Girault, Minister of Immigration, Francization and Integration (by video)
12:10 p.m.: Speech by Valérie Plante, Montréal Mayor and President of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal
12:20 p.m.: Presentation of the video Context and findings: professional integration of immigrants in Montréal
12:22 p.m.: Panel, moderated by Déborah Cherenfant, President of The Junior Chamber of commerce of Montreal
- PJ Emam, Chief Executive Officer, QuadBridge
- Madeleine Féquière, Corporate Credit Chief, Domtar
- Michel Leblanc, President and CEO, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
- Kim Thomassin, Executive Vice-President and Head of Investments, Québec, and Stewardship Investing, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Cathy Wong, Responsible for diversity, employment inclusion, the French language and the fight against racism and discrimination, Executive Committee member, Ville de Montréal
1:25 p.m.: Presentation of session highlights by Déborah Cherenfant
1:27 p.m.: Closing remarks by Julie Desjardins
1:30 p.m.: End of the event
Who is this activity for?
We want to bring together employers from both SMEs and large companies in a variety of economic sectors.
Directors and members of upper management who want their company to implement a diversity and inclusion policy.
Managers and senior Human Resources executives who want to equip themselves with regard to diversity and inclusive leadership.
Inclusion and diversity managers who want to discuss the issue with other professionals and share their best practices.
Professionals from diverse backgrounds who are interested in finding out more about the initiatives of organizations that have adopted recruitment action plans and policies that promote inclusive leadership.