You can now watch our virtual talk featuring Michel Leblanc, President and CEO of the Chamber, and Valérie Plante, Mayor of Montréal and Chair of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal. They discussed issues related to the economic and social recovery of Greater Montréal.
In particular, they focused on:
- The role of the Ville de Montréal before and after the crisis;
- The economic recovery and local stakeholders;
- Measures implemented by the municipal government to help businesses get through the crisis;
- The division of powers and responsibilities between levels of government and the complementary role of municipal government;
- The Quebec government’s announcement about certain sectors of activity restarting;
- Housing issues in the run-up to July 1, 2020;
- The suspension of festivals and other cultural activities.