THE TRADE MISSION AT A GLANCE
From February 19 to 21, The Board of Trade’s international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, are organizing, in collaboration with Export Québec, a trade mission to the Miami, Florida area to allow Québec entrepreneurs to harness the potential of a tourism industry that is experiencing strong growth.
Tourism in the Miami area generated revenue of $67.2 billion in 2011. The area has the highest concentration of hotels in the country and sales increased 154% in 2011.
In spite of the economic downturn of recent years, growth in bilateral trade has not slowed between Canada and Florida, which enjoy a special relationship. Florida’s favourable business climate offers a great many prospects in the categories of proprietary hotels and emerging boutique hotels, and in related sectors such as:
- Building materials
- Equipment (indoor and outdoor furniture, light fixtures, bathroom installations)
Florida also represents:
- $754 billion in GDP (2010)
- The 16th economic power worldwide
- Canadian imports of $4.1 billion
- 87.1 million visitors in 2011
- A 20% increase in bilateral trade with Canada in 2010
- One of Canada’s largest partners, having traded almost $8 billion in merchandise in 2010
The hotel sector:
- The hotel sector in Miami has over 500 properties, representing approximately 50,000 rooms.
- Miami has the second highest hotel occupancy rate in the United States (79.3% in January 2012).
- Miami’s hotel occupancy rate grew 4.5% in 2011.
The number of hotels under construction is also growing.
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART
Businesses and suppliers of:
- construction materials for renovation;
- design services;
- renovation services;
- architect services;
- outdoor and indoor furniture;
- light fixtures;
- bathroom installations;
- agri-food products and services.
WHY TAKE PART IN THIS TRADE MISSION
- To develop contacts among potential buyers;
- To position your company and your products on the market;
- To better define your business development strategy for Florida;
- To network with other businesses interested in the market in Florida.
THE TRADE MISSION PROGRAM
- The general program includes networking and three group activities with players in the region’s economic development.
- Personalized meetings:
- The program for the trade mission includes four individual personalized meetings for each business in addition to activities on the general program.
Registration fees include:
- A three-night hotel stay (three-star hotel or similar)
- Four personalized, targeted individual business meetings;
- Accompaniment during the trip;
- Trip logistics;
- Group meals on the trade mission program;
- Group ground travel;
- Other networking activities as part of the trade mission;
- A preparatory meeting;
- The trade mission binder.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Complete the registration form with your company profile
- Return the document by email or fax
- Individual preparatory meeting to identify needs to establish the personalized program (conference call)
Take advantage of growth in Florida’s hotel sector and meet buyers on site