A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Meet Patricio Victoriano, Consul General of Chile in Montréal
- Discover the business and investment opportunities Chile offers;
- Develop or refine a winning trade strategy based on the cultural aspects of this country;
- Network with entrepreneurs already operating on the Chilean market.
On February 26, our guest experts will explore the business opportunities and discuss many aspects of conducting business in Chile.
The preliminary program is available here.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COUNTRY?
This year marks the 16th anniversary of the free trade agreement between Chile and Canada (CCFTA). Since it came into effect, bilateral exchanges between both countries tripled, reaching $2.73 billion in 2011.
Increasingly strong relations between Canada and Chile – which depends on international trade for three quarters of its GDP – create a favourable context for Quebec businesses intending to develop this market.
Chile also represents one of the most attractive Latin American countries due to its exemplary political and economic stability, but also its openness to foreign investments. It is ranked 33rd in the ease of conducting business index, before Mexico (53rd) and Brazil (128th).
- Imports CDN $818.79 million worth of Canadian goods and services;
- Is the 9th destination in the world for direct Canadian foreign investments
- Is ranked 20th on the “Transparency International” chart;
- Has a population of 17 million (2012 estimate);
- Reported a 6% GDP growth in 2011;
- Is a member of APEC and an affiliate of MERCOSUR.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Construction and infrastructure equipment;
Agriculture and forestry;
- Entrepreneurs intending to enter the Chilean market or already present there and wishing to learn more;
- Entrepreneurs who want to leverage the experience of Quebec businesses already active in Chile;
- Businesses from the following industries are especially targeted: