The seminar on June 15, 2018 will focus on business opportunities offered by ministries and public agencies at the federal level. Participants will have the opportunity to take a workshop on best business practices with a view towards winning public tenders, and will hear from and meet with representatives from various organizations.
A unique opportunity to…
- Explore the great potential of business opportunities on Canada’s public markets
- Personally meet the people in charge of procurement for various public agencies
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in regulations on competition and transparency regarding calls for tender and public contracts
- Network with other entrepreneurs who, like you, are interested in national public markets
About national public markets
Each year in Canada, a considerable part of federal, provincial, and municipal budgets is allocated to the purchase of products and services intended for government operations, providing services to citizens, the construction of public buildings and infrastructure, and the purchase of new equipment. From the turbine for a hydroelectric dam to the services of a Buddhist chaplain, the range of goods and services required is extremely varied. The total estimated value of this public procurement, at all levels combined, is around $120 billion per year in Canada.
There are several advantages to having government stakeholders among your clientele: beyond the impressive purchase volume, the clients are all solvent, and the various procurement processes remain transparent, ethical, and impartial in dealings with the private sector. Various agencies exist to ensure that these values are respected, and there is recourse for settlement should any company feel wronged. Being approved as a supplier to such clients is an acknowledgement of the quality of your company’s products and services.
Who should attend?
- All companies seeking government clients on the provincial market
- Entrepreneurs, economic development organizations, researchers, and students interested in the issue of procurement by public stakeholders and their tendering process
Join us for this major event that brings together stakeholders from federal departments and agencies seeking to meet suppliers.